Hurt At Work? Here Is What To Do Next.
On the surface, your case might seem simple. You were injured at work. However, while the cause of your accident might appear to be clear-cut, workplace accidents can be incredibly complex legal matters due to a number of different factors.
If you suspect that your accident was caused by an employer or third party contractor’s safety violation or negligent behavior, contact the Slechter Law Firm immediately to speak with a personal injury lawyer in Louisville who knows how to protect your rights. When somebody else’s negligent or careless behavior caused your accident, you could be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
Even the smallest of workplace injuries can have serious long-term consequences for you and your loved ones. From pursuing compensation from a negligent subcontractor to help filing or resolving a worker’s compensation claim, our experienced personal injury lawyers in Louisville have experience successfully litigating workplace injury and workers compensation cases. Contact the Slechter Law Firm today to discuss your legal options with a personal injury lawyer who’ll fight for you.
What To Do If You Have Been Hurt At Work
If you have suffered an accident at work, seek medical attention immediately. Ignoring your injury for a day or longer might not only result in further health complications, but also could result in a workers’ compensation claim denial. Additional steps include:
- Notify your company’s owner, supervisor, or Human Resources Department that you’ve sustained an injury at work. If you wait for a day or longer before reporting a workplace injury, the workers’ compensation insurance company might deny your claim on the basis that your injury was not promptly reported.
- Request workers’ compensation forms from your employer and ask if any other documentation paperwork is required.
- Return paperwork to your boss or supervisor as soon as possible.
- Strictly follow all doctor’s orders after receiving treatment for your injuries and stay home from work if requested to do so.
- Do not give a recorded statement to the insurance company or return to work without first contacting a personal injury lawyer in Louisville.
How Can A Personal Injury Lawyer Help With My Claim?
It can be hard knowing what to do if you’ve suffered a serious workplace injury. Not only might you face a long and painful recovery process. In addition, you could find yourself overwhelmed by medical bills, coping with lost wages from missing work, and disputing your workers’ compensation claim with an insurance company.
Don’t gamble with your future. Contact us today and let a Kentucky attorney stand up for you.
At the Slechter Law Firm, our personal injury lawyers know the rights you’re afforded under state and federal law. We know how to collect the right evidence, examine medical records, investigate police documents, and ask the right questions to build a solid and successful legal strategy.
We’re not afraid to play hardball with insurance companies who might deny you the compensation you rightfully deserve for your injuries. Please email or call us at 502-694-5407 to schedule a free case consultation and only pay if we win your case.